+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New (to me) sonoma electrical gremlins

Forum User

Replaced the airbag switch with one that works, BUT I still have the airbag light on in the dash.. I can't figure out why its on now.

Quote Originally Posted by H2_RECOVERY View Post
    your milage will be off but you can install a decal in the door jam stating the mileage it was before the cluster was swapped out.
    The ECU doesn't store the mileage and update the cluster if it's swapped out?
    We used to have problems at Rover with some tech taking a cluster or an ECU out of a car on the floor to try in a car they were working on to see if it would fix it. On LandRovers, Mileage is stored in both the ECU and Cluster, whichever has the highest mileage updates the other. So Blammo! A car in stock with only 5 or so miles on it would instantly become a car with 56K miles! At that point, the only thing you could do is put both parts in the car to get it back to zero and sell it as the new vehicle it was. Many a tech has taken a raping in the wallet for their perfidy!

HelpmyZ, that whole line of trucks are electrical garbage, from first gen to yours. I have a '91 S10 that had a lot of problems, all electrical. Basically, if you have a problem other than a vibration or weird noise, it's electrical.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

--James Madison

And when Fascism comes, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a bible!

Forum User

Bringing this back, even after I swapped out the cluster the aibag light was on. I finally took it in to meineke for them to read the codes for me (which they did for free) and its throwing these codes:
    B1024 - Driver loop short to ground and B1071 Internal SDM (Sensing Diagnostic Module) Problem Detected.

A quick google search pointed me to someone that replaced the SDM and it cured all issues.. Anyone have any experience on how to test these things? I have the carpet partway out, and am going to finish getting the seats and all the carpet out (hopefully tonight) so that I can start looking closer at things.

Forum User

Anyone have any helpful tips/pointers/answers when it comes to that SDM? or either of these codes? I've got a whole extra truck to rob parts off of, as soon as I know what to replace..

Forum User

Anyone?

+ Reply to Thread