+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jeep recovery in Dumfries.

He was not acutally wheeling out there, hes was helping someone get unstuck and get out in the rains. Not legal necessarily but not the same thing either.

.|________.___.
    .|__l___l__,\___\,
    .|/--\__|___/--\|0llll0|-
    ..(o))-o-)) ..(o))--o-))
    Big Red 2012 JKU Rubicon

Good job guys. Ahhh...when I think of all the illegal highschool partying I did in those woods...good times, good times.

I love all the picks of people standing right next to winch cables under tension. Doing that is the quickest way to find out what a blade of grass feels like when the weedeater comes along.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

--James Madison

And when Fascism comes, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a bible!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzowerke View Post
    Good job guys. Ahhh...when I think of all the illegal highschool partying I did in those woods...good times, good times.

I love all the picks of people standing right next to winch cables under tension. Doing that is the quickest way to find out what a blade of grass feels like when the weedeater comes along.
    Gonz, thought you knew me better than that!

In the pix, the lines are only under slight tension as the rigging is inspected and Fifthpro explains it to each person for a teaching moment. A dampner was not used on the lines becouse all were synthetic. Syn line moves when it breaks, but does not whip like steel.

The two winches used were a Warn 9.5si and a Warn 9.5ti. The 9.5si was used again later to pull the Jeep up the steep hill. The lines used were 5/16 Masterpull Superline XD and Viking 5/16. The winch extensions were Masterpull. The Masterpull extension line was also used to tow the recovered Jeep up the last sttep hill out of the area. The snatchblocks were Warn and Masterpull. A Masterpull yanker was used as a safety line on the strap rigging attached to the recovered vehicle, and a ARB snatch strap was used as a rigging extension. Another ARB strap was used in the construction of the recovery vehicle anchor system.

The recovery was carefully reconned before set up. After the rigging was set up under slight tension, it was checked each time by multiple people. The area was cleared each time a pull began. Multiple spotters, some with radios, controlled each part of the operation. The hood was raised on the recovered vehicle to help protect the driver, as we did not know the history of the strap used on the bumper for attachment (Thats why a yanker was also used as a safety line).
    2005 Silver LJ Rubicon with heavy, expensive stuff bolted to it.
    2000 WJ Laredo. Stock.
    1990 Comanche longbed 4x4, 30" tires on Canyon wheels. XJ bucket seat/console and full gauge cluster swap. Non disco HP 30 and Cherokee Dana 44 swap in the works.

"Return with this shield or on it"

I have to say, impressive recovery work! I wish I could have made it to assist, just to learn!
    Bill aka PA Highlander

'09 JK - 4.5", 37's and stuff 
    '98 TJ - 3", 32's
    '89 M101A2 trailer - cargo/expedition wagon

We did what we could to keep from getting hurt, we aint no weeds !

.|________.___.
    .|__l___l__,\___\,
    ..(o))-o-)) ..(o))--o-))
    Big Red 2012 JKU Rubicon

Default Good Job Guys

Next time e-mail me, M715 with 20,000 PTO winch with 200' of cable. That would have been fun and would have saved you all a lot of digging.
    Attached Images

B4WD Member

Good Gawd that's BADASS!!!!!

Monster truck

.|________.___.
    .|__l___l__,\___\,
    ..(o))-o-)) ..(o))--o-))
    Big Red 2012 JKU Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by jeepcj View Post
    Next time e-mail me, M715 with 20,000 PTO winch with 200' of cable. That would have been fun and would have saved you all a lot of digging.
    Will keep you in mind! You prob could have just hooked up, put it in reverse, and pulled him out.
    2005 Silver LJ Rubicon with heavy, expensive stuff bolted to it.
    2000 WJ Laredo. Stock.
    1990 Comanche longbed 4x4, 30" tires on Canyon wheels. XJ bucket seat/console and full gauge cluster swap. Non disco HP 30 and Cherokee Dana 44 swap in the works.

"Return with this shield or on it"

+ Reply to Thread